At NIS, our counselors provide academic, social-emotional and college/guidance services to our students school-wide. We also provide life skills classes, college preparation classes, psycho-educational information and referrals follow up. What is Counseling at NIS?
- Academic- course selection, academic support.
- Counseling (as a supportive service, not punishment)
- We provide social-emotional support to students. Separation anxiety, handling tantrums, regulating emotions, self-esteem, friendship, behavior concerns, etc.
- We help children identify strategies and provide weekly Life Skills classes to help support these concerns. These classes are individualized according to their grade level.
- We provide short-term services and short-term parent consultations.
- We provide information and referrals to specialists in Chiang Mai. This is to further help your child succeed in school and explore different resources for your child’s best interests.
- Coffee Sessions: to increase parent involvement and to better communicate between the Counseling Department and parents/guardians.
- College preparation/counseling and unis/colleges information.